Anglican Churches & Chichester Churches Together
The Cathedral is free to enter, and open Monday – Saturday (9.00am – 5.00pm) and Sundays (12.00 – 2.00pm). All are also welcome to join us for our daily schedule of services.
We are also hosting a variety of free pop-up events this Autumn/Winter for people to enjoy the Cathedral space, with others:
Coffee, following the Sung Eucharist
Following our 11.00am Sung Eucharist each Sunday (to which all are welcome to attend), we invite you to join us for a warm drink in the Cathedral’s South Transept.
The Chichester Cathedral Friends’ Coffee Morning
The Cathedral Friends have supported the life and work of the Cathedral for over 80 years. They are delighted to welcome to their coffee morning, taking place on the first Saturday of each month (10.00 – 11.15am). Join us for a warm drink, and to meet other people from the local area.
Our popular lunchtime concerts take place on Tuesdays at 1.10pm during term time, in the spectacular setting of the Cathedral Nave. They are free and last approximately 50 minutes.
· Church open and kept warm : every day 9.00am until 5.00pm
· Parish centre open for tea and coffee: Mon – Fri 9.00am until 12.00pm
· Tea, coffee and cake are available on Thursdays at 10.30am. A free soup lunch is served on Wednesdays at 12.30pm.
St Peter’s, Westhampnett
· First Wednesday of each month – 10.30 am Eucharist, 11,00 am Coffee.
· Please note: from January 2023 this Eucharist and Coffee Morning will be held in St Peter’s Church NOT the Community Hall. It will still be on the first Wednesday of each month. The times will be 10.00 am Eucharist, 10.30 am Coffee.
· Craft group – bring your own craft, free coffee/drinks: every Tuesday 10.00am until 12.00om
· Parent and toddler’s (during term time): Thursdays 10.00am-12.00pm
· Free Friday family film nights: Monthly
· Weekly Foodbank
St George’s Whyke
· St George’s Tots – Every Monday during term time (including half-term) – 10:30-12noon. A playgroup group for families with young children with refreshments in the church centre. Suggested donation of £1.50 per family.
· St George’s Pop-Up Pantry – Food provided by the charity UK Harvest. No referrals needed. Signposting to other services with local government representative on site from time-to-time. Hospitality and refreshments provided by church volunteers. Every other Friday 10-11am. Suggested donation of £3.50 for a bag of groceries.
· WRAP Chat – Social fellowship group with speakers, activities, conversation and refreshments. Meets 1st Wednesday of each month. Guests are asked for £2 donation.
· Please be in touch with us for further information.
St Peter’s Selsey
· Open daily and kept warm, 9am until 4pm
The Harbour Churches
· Every Saturday morning with free coffee/tea/ biscuits etc and advice available on how to make ends meet at St James Centre. From November 2022
Fishbourne and Apludram
· Fishbourne St Peter’s and St Mary’s will be holding a winter warmers morning on Wednesdays from mid November 10:00am – 12:30 including soup lunch and depending on demand we'll expand to cover school drop off times whenever the hall is available as an unofficial homework club
· Every Saturday Morning 10am - 12.00, The Donnington Parish Hall has become The Donnington Hub, which includes, George's Cafe, tea and coffee, £1 and £1.50 respectively, also homemade cake. The Book and Puzzle Swap with occasional free craft activities and a Foodbank donations collection point, friendly and welcoming place to drop in.
· Soup Lunch: Every Monday at St Nicholas 12 noon – 2:00pm (beginning in January 2023)
· Tea & Chat: Every Wednesday at St Nicholas 2:00pm -4:00pm (beginning in January 2023)
· Saturday Brunch: Every first Saturday of the month at St Nicholas 9:30am -11:30am (beginning in January 2023)
· Mum & Toddler Group: Every Tuesday during term time at St Nicholas 9:00am -11:00am (beginning in January 2023)
· Mondays Cornerstones group at St Stephen’s church 2-3:30pm, includes refreshments
· Wednesdays Cornerstones café at St Stephen’s church 10:30-12:30pm
· Toddler group at North Mundham village hall 9:30-11:30am, term time only.
· Café Connect at Noth Mundham village hall 9:30-12 noon every week
· Hunston Lunch club, 1st Thursday of each month at Hunston village hall 12-2pm. Cost £4 includes two courses and a hot drink.
· North Mundham Lunch club, 3rd Thursday of each month at North Mundham village hall 12-2pm. Cost £4 includes two courses and a hot drink.
· Warm space initiative being set up by Hunston Parish Council, The Hunston Community Club and the church. Will begin 2nd November 10-4pm at The Hunston Community Club on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays (probably light lunch, sandwiches or soup).
Tangmere & Oving
· Chill and Chat in collaboration with UK Harvest. Every Tuesday 9:30am – 11:30am at the Village Halls alternating each week between Tangmere and Oving.
Free / independent / Churches
· Opening up on Thursdays for coffee and refreshments and a variety of activities aimed at all ages. Timings to be confirmed.
· Considering opening up for coffee one morning mid week
· Open to allowing other churches use their space
Chichester Baptist Church
· Debt advice – Christians Against Poverty
· Parklands Winter Warmer "Family Film & Food at 5:00pm!
Over the winter months, the CBC family is hosting a fortnightly warm space family film and food evening, and all for free for those in our neighbourhood starting from Saturday 19th November 2022.
· Buildings open every Tuesday from November 15th 2022 from 10:00am – 12:30 serving refreshments, board games, friendly company or a quiet space to come and be warm. Address: The Grace Centre, Terminus Road, Chichester.
Christ Church – URC/Methodist
· From Tuesday 28th November, we will be open from 10am until 12 from Tuesday to Saturday (until further notice) for Cuppa and Company, where there will also be a collection of board games, jigsaws and books to while away the morning!
Roman Catholic Churches
St Richard’s Chichester